I love the combination of coconut and chocolate. I also love candy. That is exactly why this mix of sugar, coconut, chocolate and what should be France's official food- Butter- is absolutely amazing.
1 C melted butter
4 C powdered sugar
2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream (milk or cream of coconut can also be used)
5 C sweetened or unsweetened coconut
2 C Chocolate candy melts
1) Mix all ingredients (except the chocolate) together until the mixture is well moistened.
2) Roll into bite-sized portions using a tablespoon or cookie scoop (you will have to roll quickly because the heat of your hands can make the mixture sticky).
3) Place the rolled coconut balls on wax or parchment paper, then stick in the fridge or freezer until firm (about 15 minutes).
4) Melt the chocolate while the coconut candy centers firm up.
5) Take the candy centers out of the freezer/fridge, then dip in the melted chocolate. Place dipped chocolates on wax or parchment paper until candy coating has dried. As a garnish, add 2-3 flakes of coconut or create a design in the top of the chocolate using a fork or toothpick (before the chocolate has dried).
*Store in an air-tight container for up to 3-months in a freezer, or serve immediately.
**Note: I found a similar recipe to this on the Internet some time ago, but I cannot find the original source- I have made some modifications to tailor the original recipe to my own tastes.