Mint Oreo Cookie TrufflesIngredients:
1 16oz Package Mint Oreo Cookies
1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese (I prefer whipped, but any type will do)
1 Package Vanilla or Chocolate flavored Almond Bark (also known as Candy-Quick, or the candy melts you can buy at Michaels)
1) Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender (don't put them all in at once, the blender may jam up), until the cookies have been reduced to a crumbly mixture.
2) Place cookie crumbles in a mixing bowl (stand or hand mixer will work fine), and add in the cream cheese. Blend together until the cookie crumbs hold together like cookie dough.
3) Using a small cookie scoop, measure out all of the dough on a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Roll each piece between your palms to form a firm ball. Place sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or a refrigerator for about 20 minutes, until the balls of cookie are cool to the touch and firmly set.
4) Heat up the almond bark in the microwave (or using a double boiler if you wish).
5) Remove the balls of cookie from the freezer or fridge, then place another piece of parchment or waxed paper on the counter. Transfer each cookie ball into the almond bark and completely coat, then transfer to the new piece of parchment (you can transfer cookie ball using your fingers, a fondue fork, chocolate dipping tools or a regular fork or spoon- whichever you prefer- although the chocolate dipping tools produce a much more "smooth" and professional looking coated ball... just remember, it tastes the same no matter which method you use!)
6) Allow the candy-coated balls of cookie to set until the coating has dried completely. If you are in a hurry, you can place a cookie sheet or cutting board under the parchment/waxed paper and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes to set up the candy coating. Just know that extreme temperature difference can cause the brown colored chocolate to discolor.
7) Optional- before the candy coating dries, you can sprinkle the balls of cookie in various colored sprinkles or candy pieces. You can also take colored candy coating and drizzle it on the dried candy coating to provide a color theme and contrast to the singular color of white or brown. You can also use any type of sandwich cookie for these Truffles- you're not limited to only Mint Oreo Cookies- the sky is the limit- or at least the shelf of your grocery store is the limit!
8) Don't be afraid to be creative! Just like the popular "cake pops", you can decorate these and make them match your occasion's theme.