Saturday, June 11, 2011

S'mores Pie

I wanted to make S'mores for a barbecue I was hosting tonight, but I decided that 8 adults, 2 kids and 2 German Shepherds might make for a difficult S'mores-making experience. So I decided to make a pie! Graham Cracker crust coated with melted Hershey's chocolate bar, then filled with chocolate pudding and topped with Marshmallow Fluff, lightly toasted. Very simple and very yummy!

S'mores Pie Ingredients:
Graham Cracker Crust: 3 C Graham cracker crumbs, 2/3 C Butter, 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
Chocolate Pudding: 1 Large box chocolate pudding, 3 C milk
Large Jar Marshmallow Fluff
Hershey's chocolate bar, grated


First I made the graham cracker crust- It included a double Graham Cracker crust recipe (you can cut this in half if you like a thinner crust): Graham Cracker Crust: 3 C Graham cracker crumbs, 2/3 C Butter, 1/2 C Granulated Sugar

Mix all ingredients together well then press into pie pan and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350F until golden brown. Let cool on a cooling rack.


Once the crust was baked, I grated chocolate on top of the still-warm crust to provide a light layer of chocolate, and a barrier between the pudding and the graham crust.


Next I made the pudding using one large box of chocolate pudding and 3 cups of half-and-half (milk can be used). Once the crust cooled, the chocolate pudding was layered on top of the chocolate-coated graham cracker crust.


The pudding layer was then topped with the large jar of Marshmallow fluff (microwaved for about 30 seconds to help spread the fluff more easily.


Lastly I toasted the Marshmallow fluff using a kitchen torch- you can broil for 1-2 minutes to get a more consistent "toasted" look of the marshmallow- but it it was hot and I didn't want to turn on the oven- plus my guests really enjoyed watching me torch the marshmallow fluff with a kitchen torch :)

It was gooey, chocolately and delicious- everything a S'mores should be!

3 comments:

ally_m146 said...

I have a huge jar of fluff and don't know what to do with it...now I do!:) This looks great:)

MBA_Gal said...

It's definitely worth a try to get that fluff out of your cupboard! :) I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for reading!

Molly Jean said...

well THAT looks sinful!

(and your comments now work, haha!)