These are the cakes I made for my Aunt and Uncle's Baby Shower. The cake on the left is a Cherry filled Cherry Chip Cake (using the WASC recipe with Cherry Chip box mix) with Chocolate Cherry Ganache frosting and filing. The design is a communicator badge from Star Trek Deep Space Nine (DS9).
The cake on the right is a 6-layer WASC cake with a Vanilla Cream Cheese icing and filling with fresh strawberries between each layer and covered with vanilla flavored Fondant. The design is a Hunny Pot in the theme of Winnie the Pooh.
The Chocolate Cherry Ganache Recipe
2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
16 oz coarsely chopped dark chocolate
5 drops concentrated Cherry flavored extract
1) Microwave the whipping cream a large microwave-safe bowl for 3 minutes (bowl should be twice the volume of the cream to avoid boiling over).
2) While whipping cream is in the microwave, coarsely chop chocolate and place in a large food processor or blender.
3) Pour the heated whipping cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 2 minutes. At the end of the 2 minutes, add in the concentrated extract then pulse or blend the mixture until there are no chunks of chocolate left.
4) Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature (about 2 hours). Pour over cake for a thin icing, or blend for about 5 minutes with a hand mixer for a thicker frosting.
5) If the icing does not thicken enough to use as a frosting after 5 minutes of mixing, place in the fridge for about 20 minutes. When you take the bowl out of the fridge, mix for 2-3 minutes until the frosting is fluffy and spreadable.