Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lemon Souffle Panckakes

I have loved pretty much everything that contains lemon since I was a little girl with a giant meyer lemon tree in my back yard.  This recipe is no exception!  I found this recipe through Pinterest, on blogger kokken69's blog and must say that I am happy that I did (and so is my husband- I got 2 thumbs up!). 

The ingredients are simple and it takes only a few minutes to whip this batter together.  I modified kokken69's recipe slightly to suit my own tastes.

Lemon Souffle Pancake Ingredients:


1 1/2 cup Nonfat Milk
4 Egg yolks (Save the whites for later)
5 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Butter (melted)
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp Baking powder
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
A pinch Salt
4 Egg whites

Steps:
1. Mix egg yolks, milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice together in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix well.

2. Gradually mix flour, sugars and baking powder with milk mixture until the dry ingredients are moistened. Be careful not to overmix.

3. Place egg white in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt (make sure the bowl is oil free) and beat until soft peaks are formed.  Fold in egg white into the batter.

4. Melt a small portion of butter in a heated griddle or non-stick pan.  Pour batter into the pan and cook until the cake is golden brown on the underside then flip and cook the other side.

5. Serve pancakes with any of your favorite toppings- I would recommend raspberries, strawberries, honey or powdered sugar (or any of your favorite combinations).

*This recipe yields approximately 10-12 three inch pancakes.

No comments: