Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Chocolate cupcakes that are a new crowd-favorite.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1-1/4 cups vanilla-infused sugar (or regular granulated sugar)
3 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk (or Heavy Whipping Cream)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add eggs, beating until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 1/2 full (I prefer to use a Large Cookie Scoop from the Pampered Chef).
- Bake at 340 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Do not bake too long- cake can dry out too much.
While the cupcakes are baking, you can make this simple ganache that is great for filling and frosting your cupcakes.
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup 62% (or greater) Dark Chocolate chips (you could also substitute white chocolate if you prefer)
- Heat the whipping cream until lightly boiling (constantly stirring so as to not burn the cream).
- Put the chocolate into a glass or metal bowl.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and let it sit for about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate/cream mixture until the lumps smooth out.
- Place in a pastry bag with a round tip, and inject the chocolate ganache into the cupcake as filling.
- Next, pipe the warm ganache on top of the cupcake, and smooth with a knife or spoon (I hold the spreader or knife in the same position and spin the cupcake in a circle to coat the cupcake). Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before moving to prevent the chocolate from dripping.
- Serve with an iced cold glass of milk