This is the recipe I used for the filling on my Chocolate Cake. I just lost my mind and forgot to post the recipe!: )
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, or a mixture, chopped
2 Tbsp Butter
2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
3 Lg Egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
2 Lg egg yolks
1) Put the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan.
2) Melt over low to medium heat, stirring the chocolate occasionally until melted and smooth.
3) While melting the chocolate, whip the cream in a medium bowl until it holds soft peaks. Do not overwhip the cream.
4) Beat the egg yolks, pinch of salt, and sugar until foamy and light, about 30 seconds. whip with an electric mixer or whisk, moving in a circular motion around the bowl, until the eggs get very fluffy.
5) Whip the Egg Whites and sugar until light and fluffy.
6) Fold about a quarter of the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate to lighten it, then fold in the rest of the egg.
7) Alternate folding in the whipped cream and Egg White mixture 1/3 of each at a time.
8) Allow to chill for at least one hour, but overnight is preferred. Chilling overnight will allow the mousse to be piped with a pastry bag fitted with only a coupler (no tip).
9) If you plan to put the mousse on a cake, you can use the cake pan, lined with plastic wrap, and create an even layer of mousse. Chill overnight, then turn out onto the appropriate sized cake.