Monday, January 18, 2010

Everything Cookie

I threw together a couple of recipes to get this wonderful concoction- the true test taste was my husband's! When he reacted to his first bite, I knew I had something yummy!

Ingredients:
1 1/4 C Butter Flavored Crisco or Regular Shortening
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Granulated Sugar or Honey
2 Medium Ripe Bananas
1 Lg. Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 C Quick Oats
1 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/3 C Rice Krispies
1/2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Mini Reeses Pieces Baking Chips
1/3 C Coconut
1/2 C Chopped Pecans or Walnuts

Steps:
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Blend the Shortening, Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, Bananas, Egg and Vanilla until creamy.
3) On medium speed, blend the Quick Oats, Flour, Baking Soda and Cinnamon.
4) Slowly blend in the Rice Krispies, Reeses Pieces, Coconut and nuts.
5) On an ungreased cookie sheet, use a medium-sized cookie scoop (approximately 2 Tbsp) and place cookie dough about 3" apart. Flatten slightly using your palm or a cup. Bake from 8-12 minutes.
6) Remove cookie sheets from the oven and allow to cool ~1 minute before removing cookies to a cooling rack.

Yields approximately 3-4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

amber said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic! I'd love to see what these things look like :D

Anonymous said...

Go figure- one of the only pictures I haven't taken, lol! I'll have to make them again soon (I'm sure my hubby will be upset about that one), and I'll post pictures then ;)