Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Midnight Baking Adventures Begin!

My DH is snoring soundly next to me and I'm going through my almost-30-crisis. The word "Purpose" runs through my mind- like the soundtrack of the Broadway play Avenue Q! I'd been wanting to begin some sort of project for quite a while now, but hadn't quite figured it out- until now. So here goes nothing! I have decided to begin my Midnight Baking Adventures tonight- and I want to document them so I can look back and laugh at how ridiculous I was acting at this wonderful time of my life.

Here is a little bit of background on me to start off this blogging adventure. This is my first blog, so I'm sorry if I seem too formal or informal- I'm pretty clueless about the whole process and figure I'll start checking out other blogs throughout the week to get a better idea about how to really go about this! :) My name is Lena (aka MBA Gal). I am 29 and live in Southern California. I was born and raised in this area.

Education:
I went to Pepperdine University (in Malibu, CA) for my undergraduate studies and earned my BS in Sports Medicine (back when I wanted to be a Physical Therapist and planned to change the world!). Shortly after college I realized PT wasn't all it was cracked up to be- so I became an employee of the Golden State (yes, California). In 2006 I got bored and decided I wanted to go back to school. So I went to University of Phoenix and earned my Masters in Business Administration (MBA). I am still an employee of the Golden State- furloughs and all.

Livin' the Dream:
I got married in 2005 and we bought a house in 2008. We have 3 cats (Yoda, Oreo and Fiona), and 2 German Shepherd Puppies (CT and Dozer). No kids so far, but thats ok because the cats and puppies are enough to handle for now (sorry mom! :) ).

Hobbies:
Baking. Reading. Facebook Addiction (more specifically: Restaurant City, Egg Breaker, Farm Town and Mafia Wars).

Baking Experience:
I have no formal training in the kitchen. I have never taken a class (although I plan to take a decorating class very soon). Everything I know about cooking is from my parents, grandparents, Food Network and my own experimentation. One of my earliest cooking memories is the time I helped my preschool class bake cookies for Father's Day (I got to crack the eggs)... from that moment on I was hooked! Holidays, random events, family parties, show and tell, you name it- I baked or cooked for it. Cooking is therapeutic for me. It does not matter if i'm stressed, sad, lonely, happy, concerned, carefree or whatever emotion you can think of- I love to cook. I particularly enjoy baking- hence the "Midnight Baking Adventures" that begin tonight.

Conclusion:
So wish me luck- I'm off to the races. Don't ask me what I intend to accomplish- because I don't know... yet.

No comments: