Soooo, I know this isn't quite "baking"- ok, it isn't baking at all... but I made these with dinner tonight and my H said I had to post the recipe and pictures on my blog :) These are slices Pan Fried Garlic Eggplant. They were extremely easy to make and very flavorful- Charles said I could make them any day that ended in "y" or "day"!
1 lg. Eggplant
2 Eggs (Beaten)
3 tbsp melted Butter or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter1 C panko or regular unseasoned bread crumbs
1) Melt the butter in a skillet and leave the fire on medium.
2) Slice the eggplant into 1/2" thick slices.
3) Coat each side of the eggplant with the beaten egg.
4) Coat each side of the eggplant with the breadcrumbs.
5) Set the eggplant in the skillet and sprinkle the top of each slice with garlic salt.
6) Allow the eggplant to heat for 4 minutes on each side until a dark crust forms.
7) Serve Warm
This recipe was developed by myself after I realized I had 3/4 of an eggplant left after making a veggie pie for dinner :)